Chalmette, LA: On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., the St. Bernard Parish Government Office of Housing and Redevelopment will host a CSBG Community Outreach for low income St. Bernard Parish Residents.
Applications will be accepted for school uniform assistance. *CSBG Uniform Assistance is limited to students attending St. Bernard Parish Public Schools. Those interested must register In-person at the Sigur Civic Center, located at 8245 W. Judge Perez Drive, Chalmette.
*Please note all applications are subject to income restrictions, program eligibility and funding. Pre-registration is required in person. New documents are required for each program and documents will not be pulled from all old files. All applicants must complete an application and provide copies of the following documentation:
- Valid Driver’s License or State ID for all household members over the age of 18. If your license or ID indicates a non-parish address, please bring alternate proof of residency (utility bill, etc.)
- Social Security cards for all members of the household
- Birth Certificate for each child (or proof of custody)
- Verifiable Proof of income for all household members over the age of 18 (Award letter or 4 Consecutive Current pay stubs)
- Current Food Stamp Award Letter for food stamps (if applicable). Food Stamp Award Letters shall list all household members.
Valid proof of St. Bernard Parish Public School Enrollment such as a Final Report card or Proof of Registration which can be obtained at your child’s school.
Anyone in the household over the age of 18 who is unemployed will be required to fill out and sign a “Zero Income” form with a referral to the St. Bernard Workforce Commission in order to be processed. Please call 504-278-4471 for details.
CSBG 2018 Income Guidelines
125% of Poverty
$5,400 for each additional family member over 8 persons