St. Bernard Parish Government Department of Housing and Redevelopment announces the availability of funds dedicated to assist St. Bernard Parish residents who are eligible low income households with energy payments.
Applicants will be seen by appointment ONLY for regular (non-crisis) assistance. Walk-ins for DISCONNECT(S) (crisis benefits) will be allowed ONLY (Monday – Thursday from 9:30am - noon). Individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations can contact our office during normal business hours. Clients may begin calling 1-888-332-2721 beginning Wednesday, February 13, 2019 to receive an appointment.
An eligible household is one whose total monthly income is below the levels listed below, and who have not received a previous benefit within the past six months. Applicants must fill out an application and provide at a minimum, the following documentation:
1. Driver’s License of State ID of applicant and head of household
2. Social Security cards for all members of the household
3. Proof of income for all members of the household including anyone in the household over 18*
4. Copy of the energy bill (assistance is provided for Entergy and Atmos ONLY, no water)
5. Secondary proof of residency if the address on the ID does not match the service address
6. Current Award Letter for food stamps (if applicable)
7. Current Utility Allowance if the applicant is on the HCV Program
*Anyone in the household over the age of 18 who is unemployed will be required to fill out and sign a “Zero Income” form, and it must be completed in order for the application to be processed. Any employable member of the household who is not employed will be referred to the Workforce Commission before receiving payment of benefits. Applicants without complete documentation will not be processed, and will have to call for a second appointment.
Proper documentation is required at time of appointment. All information is subject to verification. Intentional misrepresentation of information may result in criminal prosecution.
Household Size Max Monthly Household Income.
St. Bernard Parish Housing and Redevelopment is located at: 8201 W. Judge Perez Dr., Chalmette, LA 70043.