FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 3, 2020
Contact Donald Bourgeois email@example.com 504-278-4280
Hurricane Season is Upon Us, Time to update your Plan
Chalmette, LA. – Hurricane Season is NOW through November 30th. Parish President Guy McInnis urges residents to have a personal plan. St. Bernard Parish has no shelter of last resort, so residents should identify a safe place to go in the event of a storm.
COVID-19 INFLUENCED EVACUATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Each resident will be treated as COVID possible
- Each resident will be required to wear masks and their temperature will be taken daily
- Upon arrive at the Parish pick-up point, each resident will be TRIAGED by Acadian Ambulance Service and St. Bernard Parish personnel
- If a resident exhibits COVID symptoms, they will be transported and housed separately. ALL family members will be transported together
- All personnel and shelter locations will have the proper PPE (proper protective equipment)
- Due to the additional mandates, evacuations will begin approximately 5 hours earlier
- Social distancing during transportation and sheltering will be maintained
Critical Transportation Needs (CTN) Program
- Your evacuation kit should include; masks, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- The Office of Homeland Security has a Critical Transportation Needs (CTN) Program designed to assist those in need of transportation during an evacuation and cannot self-evacuate due to lack of resources, transportation or medical conditions. To register contact the office at 504-278-4268 or visit https://www.sbpg.net/DocumentCenter/View/109/Special-Needs-Registration-Form-and-Instructions-PDF, fill out the form and mail it to the St. Bernard Parish Emergency Operations Office, 8201 W. Judge Perez Drive, Chalmette, LA 70043.
Everbridge Notification System
St. Bernard Parish uses Everbridge emergency notification system to alert residents about a variety of events, ranging from severe weather, fires, floods and other emergencies, to more routine announcements, such as road closures and water utility maintenance. Messages will be sent to residents on their preferred contact paths—cell phone, SMS, home phone, email, fax, pager and more—to ensure real-time access to potentially lifesaving information. Residents listed in the St. Bernard Parish 911 database will be automatically subscribed to alerts by phone, but Everbridge allows citizens to self-register, provide additional contact information or opt out. Visit https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736729672#/signup to register.