Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
Applicants must call 504-278-1032 for appointment
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
St. Bernard Parish Government Housing and Redevelopment office announces the availability of funds dedicated to assist St. Bernard Parish low income residents with their energy payments.
Individuals must call the appointment hotline, 504-278-1032, to be placed on a waiting list. Clients may begin calling Monday, June 15, 2020 to receive an appointment. Appointments will be conducted by a phone interview for regular AND disconnect assistance.
An eligible household is one whose total monthly income is below the levels listed below, and who have not received a previous benefit within the past six months.
Applicants must complete an application and provide the following documentation:
1. Driver’s License of State ID of all household members 18+
2. Social Security cards for all members of the household
3. Proof of income for all members of the household
4. Copy of Entergy and Atmos bills (No water bills will be paid)
5. Secondary proof of residency if the address on the ID does not match the service address
Intentional misrepresentation of information may result in criminal prosecution
Applicants without complete documentation will not be processed and will have to call for a second appointment.
Applicants who miss an appointment without rescheduling beforehand will have to call for a second appointment. This means you will be moved to the back of the waiting list.
# of Household Members
Monthly Income Limit