FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OCTOBER 1, 2020
Contact Donald Bourgeois firstname.lastname@example.org 504-278-4280
St. Bernard Parish Update – OCTOBER 1, 2020
Chalmette, LA – The St. Bernard Parish Fire Department will begin Fire Hydrant Inspections on Monday, October 5, 2020.
- Individual fire hydrants throughout the Parish will be opened for approximately two minutes to record water pressure and flow readings.
- Inspections times will be between 9:00 am and 11:00 am, Monday through Friday.
- This necessary procedure is performed twice a year to ensure all fire hydrants in the parish are working properly.
- Residents may experience rusty water during the testing.
- If rusty water is noticed, running your water for approximately five minutes will flush the lines and clear the rust.
- The Fire department would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Businesses can visit https://opensafely.la.gov/ and complete the quick process. They will receive the current life safety and COVID mitigation standards along with a placard to post. The business will then receive real-time updates on changes to include when opening is allowed for the specific type of business.
To hear the latest information from your parish officials visit www.facebook.com/StBGov or https://www.youtube.com/c/stbernardparishtelevision.
For the latest news and events for St. Bernard Parish Government Follow Us