FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NOVEMBER 24, 2020
Contact Donald Bourgeois
St. Bernard Parish CORONAVIRUS Update – November 24, 2020
Chalmette, LA. – Today, Governor John Bel Edwards announced that the State will be regressing into a Modified Phase II, effective immediately.
- St. Bernard Parish government offices will remain open for business
- Parish offices will be closed to the public but will be available by appointment only
- For appointments, please call 504-278-4200
- ALL Parish events including Christmas at the Complex have been cancelled
- Recreation basketball games and practices will be limited to 75 people max, including the children participating
- Weekend baseball tournaments and practices will be allowed under Phase II guidelines
PHASE II begins tomorrow, Wednesday, November 25th
- Bars (with food service), Restaurants, coffee shops, cafes, hair and nail salons, barber shops, movie theaters, gyms and fitness centers and nonessential retail will now be limited to 50% capacity
- Bars (without food service) will be limited to 25% capacity
- Outdoor events are limited to 150 people max
- Indoor events are limited to 25% capacity or 75 people max
- PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND COMMON SENSE BEST PRACTICES
- This information was obtained from media outlets. If necessary, we will make corrections as needed
Businesses can visit https://opensafely.la.gov/ and complete the quick process. They will receive the current life safety and COVID mitigation standards along with a placard to post. The business will then receive real-time updates on changes to include when opening is allowed for the specific type of business.
To hear the latest information from your parish officials visit www.facebook.com/StBGov or https://www.youtube.com/c/stbernardparishtelevision.
For the latest news and events for St. Bernard Parish Government Follow Us